In the spring of 2016, Peace Mennonite Church came to consensus on a direction for our church. We have decided that God is calling us to grow, and that in order to grow we need more space in our building. We have embarked on the Growing Peace campaign to make this happen.
Our Capital Campaign has raised almost $200,000 of our $250,000 base goal. As the Capital Campaign team continues its fund raising efforts, the Building Design Team is moving forward with next steps for the project.
Please continue to pray for our congregation in this time of transition, and particularly for the people serving on the three teams that are part of our Church Growth Task Force: Inviting & Including (How do we welcome more people into our community?); Capital Campaign (How do we pay for a new addition?); and Building Design (What will the addition look like and how will it get done?).
Those interested in donating to the campaign may contact us for more information or simply mail a check to: 615 Lincoln St.; Lawrence, KS 66044.
Nearly all of our active participants are contributing to this project. In addition, friends who no longer attend are also offering support. Many thanks to:
Tim Buller and Rachel Epp-Buller
Chris and Christine Crouse-Dick
Rhea Miller and Adam Kehler
For those interested in the history of our discernment process, the documents below will be helpful:
Regarding the Conversation at Peace Mennonite
- Church Growth Task Force Members
- Current Building Process Update
- PMC Building Process Time Line
- Consensus Process
- Summary of Joanna’s Conversations with other Pastors re: Renting and Adding On
- Things we love about and hope for Peace Mennonite
- Architectural plan for possible addition
- Modified architectural plans for smaller addition
- Space Sharing Information from First Baptist
- Photos from our visit to First Baptist
General Articles on Various Aspects of Church Growth