Hello, Peace Mennonite Friends. This year for Lent, we encourage you to give renewed attention to your spiritual life. Below you will find a calendar of lent and Easter opportunities and a resource list of various spiritual practices you might like to explore.
Wednesday, March 2: Ash Wednesday Labyrinth Walk
–The Peace Mennonite labyrinth will be open from 9 a.m.-noon and from 6:30-8 p.m. Pastor Joanna will be available to impose ashes.
Friday, March 4: Open Labyrinth
–This is our regular first-Friday open labyrinth time, 9-noon.
Saturday, March 26: Church Nature Walk
–We will meet at the Baker Wetlands Discovery Center at 9 a.m. for a prayerful walk to contemplate and appreciate God’s magnificent creation.
Friday, April 15: Good Friday Worship
–The labyrinth will be open from 9-noon.
–We will worship together on Zoom in a joint service with Manhattan Mennonite Fellowship, Salina Mennonite Church, and Southern Hills Mennonite Church
Sunday, April 17: Easter
–Easter Sunrise service: 6:30 a.m. at Centennial Park (9th and Iowa)
–In-Person Worship: 9:30 a.m.
–Zoom Worship: 11 a.m.
- Gratitude Journal
- Templates you can use to list things for which you are grateful
- Mennonite Giving calendar (weekly)
- Come to Open Labyrinth (9-noon on March 5, April 2 and April 15) and do a gratitude labyrinth walk.
- Daily Scripture Readings and discussion on Facebook Page
- Last year’s Peace Mennonite Lenten Devotional
- Lent at Home 2022 Worship Guide (from MCUSA)
- Read daily devotions from Goshen College.
- Read a book from our church library.
- Explore the Center for Action and Contemplation–read articles, listen to podcasts . . .
- Watch Bible study and music videos from Menno Media.