Hello, Peace Mennonite Friends. This year for Lent, we encourage you to give renewed attention to your spiritual life. Below you will find a calendar of lent and Easter opportunities and a resource list of various spiritual practices you might like to explore.
Wednesday, March 1: Anabaptist Bible project
–7:00 p.m. in-person at church
Friday, March 4: Open Labyrinth
–This is our regular first-Friday open labyrinth time, 9-noon.
Friday, April 7: Good Friday Worship
–The labyrinth will be open from 9-noon.
–We will worship together on Zoom at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 9: Easter
–Easter sunrise service will be at 6:45 a.m. at Centennial Park
- Colored Pencil Prayers
- Praying in Color
- Creative Arts Lenten Retreat
- Weekly creative prayer practices with Pastor Joanna
- Gratitude Journal
- Templates you can use to list things for which you are grateful
- Come to Open Labyrinth (9-noon on March 4 and April 7) and do a gratitude labyrinth walk.
- Daily Examen: website instructions, video introduction, or phone app
- Connecting with nature
- Attending to dreams
- Previous year’s Peace Mennonite Lenten Devotional
- Lent at Home 2023: Created in the Image of God
- Read a book from our church library.
- Explore the Center for Action and Contemplation–read articles, listen to podcasts . . .
- Watch Bible study and music videos from Menno Media.