Following Jesus is not easy and we don’t always get it right.
But we do the best we can.
Check out these Service Stories to see how Peace Mennonite participants are living out their faith during the Covid-19 crisis.
We Serve Others
- Monthly service at Lawrence Interdenominational Nutrition Kitchen
- Contributions of money and supplies to Mennonite Central Committee
- Food drives for Ballard Community Center
- A benevolence fund to help church participants and community members
- A Ministry Team that holds our church and community in prayer
We Work for Justice
- Commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusion and justice
- Support of Black Lives Matter and anti-racism efforts
- Active in Justice Matters
- Encourage state legislature to abolish the death penalty in Kansas
We Preach what we Practice
- Peace-centered Sunday School curriculum for children and youth
- Current discussions on how to address gun violence
- Previous Bible Study, discussion groups, and adult Sunday School addressing justice issues such as white privilege, immigration, feminist theology, LGBTQ+-affirming theology, creation care, and death penalty abolition.
- And biblical preaching on topics of justice: