Following Jesus is not easy and we don’t always get it right.
But we do the best we can.
We Serve Others
- Monthly service at Lawrence Interdenominational Nutrition Kitchen
- Contributions of money and supplies to Mennonite Central Committee
- Food drives for Ballard Community Center
- A benevolence fund to help church participants and community members
- A Ministry Team that holds our church and community in prayer
We Work for Justice
- Commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusion and justice
- Support of Black Lives Matter and anti-racism efforts
- Active in Justice Matters
- Encourage state legislature to abolish the death penalty in Kansas
We Preach what we Practice
- Peace-centered Sunday School curriculum for children and youth
- Current discussions on how to address gun violence
- Previous Bible Study, discussion groups, and adult Sunday School addressing justice issues such as white privilege, immigration, feminist theology, LGBTQ+-affirming theology, creation care, and death penalty abolition.
- And biblical preaching on topics of justice: