Zoom Discussions Every Wednesday Night @ 7:30 (Click here to go to the Zoom meeting.)
Our Peace Pursuits conversations alternate between topic discussions and Bible study. Below you will find the schedule for upcoming sessions, information on our current series, and links to past resource pages.
- September 16: Justice Matters House Meeting
- September 23: Bible Study: The Old Testament Canon
- September 30: Indigenous Justice: The Doctrine of Discovery
- October 7: Bible Study: Sarah (Genesis 16-17, 21)
- October 14: Indigenous Justice: Ecological Issues
- October 21: Bible Study: Tamar (Genesis 38, 2 Samuel 13)
- October 28: Indigenous Justice: Mennonite Voices
- November 4: Bible Study: Women Warriors (Judges 4-5, Judith)
- November 11: Indigenous Justice: Considering a Response
- November 18: Bible Study: Woman of Valor (Proverbs 31:10-31)
- November 25: No Session (Thanksgiving break)
- December 2: Advent reflection and prayer
- December 9: Advent reflection and prayer
- December 16: Advent reflection and prayer
- December 23: No Session (Join us for Christmas Eve worship Dec. 24)
- December 30: No Session (Christmas break)
Women of the Old Testament
This fall in worship, Peace Mennonite will begin a nine month journey though the Bible using the Narrative Lectionary. On Wednesday nights we will use material from Yale Divinity School to look at how the Old Testament came to be and to explore some of the women presented there.
You are encouraged–though certainly not required–to look at the designated Yale study material before our Wednesday night conversations.
For the remaining Bible studies this fall, we will use the first four weeks of the “Women in the Bible” series. The link will take you to the main page for the series and you will need to click the link for the designated section each week.
You may find the Bible Gateway web site helpful for reading designated passages and comparing translations.
Previous Bible Study Materials
Summer 2020: Yale Bible Study on the Book of Acts
This fall we will continue our exploration of anti-racism with a focus on indigenous justice. See the playlist for links to various resources related to this topic as well as details about discussion material for each week.
Advent Reflection and Prayer
During Advent (December) we will take some time to slow down during a busy season. We will engage a different prayer practice each week and spend time together reflecting on where we see God at work in our lives and our world.
Due to the holidays, there are three dates that we will not have Peace Pursuits sessions: November 25, December 23, and December 30.
Other Available Topic Playlists
The playlists below have been used previously by Peace Mennonite Church. Feel free to explore any material that is of interest to you.